- Focusing on different music styles and their timing
- Internalizing the clave
- Listening to more chachacha music
Working without the music to slow down and focus on my technique
How did I spend my time?
- Lessons/Classes: 1 hour focused on learning timing in Son and guaguancó
- Practicing Shines/Footwork: N/A
- Stretching: N/A
- (1 hour) – spent ten or so minutes on a pivoting drill, then used the rest of my time to practice my arms in my basic, correcting weight changes in my basic, and working on my right turn.
- Social danced: 30ish minutes
- 2 hours learning a few new instruments and rhythms. Picked up a few percussion instruments and found apps to help timing. Had to keep myself busy somehow. 😉